Query about front springs

I've always been a fan of tall soft springs which are great for articulation and off road performance but which, by their nature tend to wallow and allow roll on the road (particularly since fitting the roll cage).

Since many of my trips these days tend to involve lots of road miles to and from our trips abroad and twisty mountain tarmac too, I upgraded my brakes to vented discs on the front and suspension to standard heavy duty for this year's trip.

Both were fantastic on this year's trip, getting much less brake fade on steep, relatively fast tarmac descents and the handling has become a lot more predictable and less butt clenching 😉

I do find the attitude of the vehicle unsatisfactory though. The back sits quite low and the front high. The back was remedied with some Gwyn Lewis 1 1/2 inch lifters but the front springs are going to require replacement with shorter items as it sits about 2'' too high. These were std rear springs repurposed as HD front springs. Obviously the bikini mount and winch don't weigh enough to compress them but I do like the stiffness (I know 😉).

So, solutions and a question. 

Are there standard springs out there of the same poundage as the heavy duty front springs but a couple of inches shorter ?

Does anyone know ? Have you had the same problem ? How did you resolve it ?

Please enlighten me 😊

Mo

Thanks Ross but yours are pretty much the same poundage and height as what I have in there.

Looking at the charts I think I may go for standard 90 fronts at 175lbs rather than the 225lbs that's in there at the mo.

If that proves too soft then I may need to take a look at a front anti roll bar, though to be honest that's not a path I'd really want to tread if I can avoid it.

Mo 

I've always found the standard setup on my 110 to be excellent Mo. I know they aren't the same vehicles, but with the roof tent and rack and moderate weight in the back, the standard TD5 era progressive springs handle well with the rear ARB fitted. I have a bull bar at the (front most of the time) and standard front springs are fine without an ARB.

Genuine standard springs, genuine bushes (in good condition), standard (i think Monroe or Armstrong on mine) shocks and the rear ARB on my 110 are definitely what i would advise to others so can't see why a similar standard setup wouldn't be right on your 90.