What do you use your series 1, 2, or 3 for

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys

Just wondered what everyone uses their series 1, 2, or 3 for, an everyday vehicle,  off road truck, show truck or as a second car.

in my case its still a re-build but plan to use it as weekend / sea fishing / beach metal detecting trip vehicle once its finished , so what do you use yours for :)

I use mine as a second car, tip runs mainly! Its a pottering around car, my son loves it and expects to own it when he starts driving in 4 years.... Just hope my wife doesn't make me  sell it. Also I keep telling her its in case we have snow so she can get to work ok - she drives a bm. 

jordan_meakin

Mostly use mine as a tool for self flagellation when I feel like banging my head, busting my knuckles or getting rust in my eye. Occasionally, I do even drive it to Sainsbury's.

Oh my god, that made me laugh, crying.

Put like that, makes me realise just how many times i've done exactly the same things with my landy over the years!!...Brilliant.

13 hours ago, skirky dave said:

jordan_meakin

Mostly use mine as a tool for self flagellation when I feel like banging my head, busting my knuckles or getting rust in my eye. Occasionally, I do even drive it to Sainsbury's.

Oh my god, that made me laugh, crying.

Put like that, makes me realise just how many times i've done exactly the same things with my landy over the years!!...Brilliant.

Haha, glad it amused someone! I spend most of my time under it rather than in it. Yes, I'm still talking about the Landy.

My S3 gets used for all sorts: Lugging stuff about, towing occasionally, going to and jobs around the livery yard.. And I just enjoy driving it since conversion from the devils fuel, so turning fuel into heat and glorious noise mostly :D

Jordan's post made me chuckle too! Land Rover ownership: the brotherhood of bloody knuckles. 

7 hours ago, lo-fi said:

My S3 gets used for all sorts: Lugging stuff about, towing occasionally, going to and jobs around the livery yard.. And I just enjoy driving it since conversion from the devils fuel, so turning fuel into heat and glorious noise mostly :D

Jordan's post made me chuckle too! Land Rover ownership: the brotherhood of bloody knuckles. 

Spot on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 2:14 PM, jordan_meakin said:

right on to it.

I've got my SIII 109 in France near our holiday house. Most of the time I'm working with my wife on the house (she rocks!) but when the stuff is getting to boring SIII is my excuse project, need to so something there as well.

After 2 years I drove for ~10 km's only to set my rear brakepads almost on fire.... no blocking brakes but enough gunk and oil to get way to hot.

reasons to draw the SIII card:

- scratching sand out of the walls preparing them for proper joints

- woodwork

- painting

Luckily my wife keeps on going like a real monk and slowly but steadily gets it all done. (I know it's not in fashion to say your wife is awesome but this one really is!)