D2 'alloy' wheelnuts question

ThreeSheds

Hopefully this is not a stupid question, but  I would like to replace my current 'capped' wheelnuts with plain steel ones, but can't find any - can anybody help?. I have standard alloy wheels. I just don't like those capped wheelnuts (especially since most of mine are to a greater or lesser degree 'blown'  with corrosion under the cap)

Cheers...

14 minutes ago, David Sparkes said:

I note the eBay seller offers packs of 4, for what are obviously 5 stud wheels.
I know that a vehicle set is 20, so that you just order 5 packs, but even so, it seems to indicate poor product knowledge.

You can tell I'm not a retailer :-)

Regards.

Locking wheel nuts...you normally only have 4 per wheel of the normal ones and one locking one which you buy as a set of 4 or 5.

1 minute ago, Dave W said:

Locking wheel nuts...you normally only have 4 per wheel of the normal ones and one locking one which you buy as a set of 4 or 5.

I didn't read these as locking wheel nuts. The OP wanted to replace the rust swollen originals.

Ahh, perhaps you are pointing out that all D2s have factory fitted locking nuts, so only require 4 plain nuts per wheel.

Ok, I see that :-)

Yes - the standard locking wheel nuts that make up the fifth nut on each wheel are pretty abysmal and so I would need to buy a full five sets so that I can replace them too...However, that would cost £100 and I'm not sure I want matching wheelnuts that much... At the moment I am thinking of ripping the caps off my normal ones, buying five new ones to replace the locking ones, and buying a 1" impact socket...