300tdi injector pump.

richard w

Evening Guys/girls.

I have been a member for a while but under a different username (Pigster)   however I can not remember the details of that account as I have not been about for a while.  anyhow.  can I have some assistance please.  

I have a disco 300tdi auto.   electronic injecter pump.  3 wires in one bundle and a larger bundle of cables.   it is literally a mot failure bucket of rust, however it has aloud me to go off roading again in a car I don't really care about.  Whilst on an off road adventure over the weekend (slindon)  I ended up in a puddle.    the engine ran fine whilst in the puddle (up to the bottom of front lights depth) however once being pulled out the engine cut out and the alarm went off.  weird I thought...  engine started briefly again then nothing. dead as dodo, not even a crank.

so done so far whilst in car park.

Alarm is constantly going off. key fob doesn't stop it

Power is at the pump stop solinoid. (clicks everytime you give it 12v)  but no cranking.   pump makes weird rapid clicking noise (coming from the bottom of pump)  all power/noise of the pump stop when the 3 wires are disconnected.  (black/white has power goes to stop solinoid) and two browns to the other part - one has power the other doesn't- - where or what does that one do which is dead?

I have also given the started motor direct power, sourced the cable that the key tells to start the motor stripped it back to copper and connected another cable to it direct from the battery.  Engine cranks nicely.

What I can not figure out is why I have no fuel leaving the pump.   nothing left in the pipes and nothing coming out of the pump even with the solenoid open.   what could pos be causing this?    I tried disconnecting the little green box in the passenger footwell and direct feeding the lot but nothing, no change.      It must be electrical and dare I suggest its the 3 wire thing  - how to solve pls.   again its mud flinging toy only. so I can trash whatever is needed.  just don't want to spend too much on it as a new mechanical pump would cost more than getting another car.

Thanks for your input.    I really hope to sort this as the wife has given me persmission to play again next month if I can fix the thing in time.

ps -  in West sussex (horsham area) if someone wants to be a hero...  :)

Edited by richard w