Handy Negative Electrical Connection

Hi Folks,

Bit of digging suggests that the connector highlighted in the picture is C786 - Main harness to air conditioning unit behind the fuse unit.

Thinking that it might be a useful connection for some auxiliary kit - it has both power and aux power. Found a compatible connector from Kojaycat Automotive - 4W-CNA-NAT

Anyway, the question is how best to find a negative source without splitting current wiring harness. Thinking it might be better to run back to the battery. However, are there any other convenient negative connections under the dash (current dash fully taken out).

Many Thanks,

Simon...

DSC02394.jpg

IMG_0601.JPG

As VB says, I'd just make a ring connection and connect it to one of the bolts that secure the fuse box to the bulkhead, but if you're running cables a direct earth wouldn't do any harm, I've got a habit of running an extra cable in a bundle just in case. If you're planning on using for big current stuff then I'd edge towards running a earth directly back to the battery.