Startermotor replacement - what a fun

As mentioned before, the starter motor on the 200 Tdi died and I was not looking forward to replacing it after all the good news on it I read.

59f1ffdbc0cf6_2017-10-25LRNinetyStartmotorvervangen01-Ergensdaaronderzithie.thumb.jpg.221457e0626349a0f8e6ac68c022dbac.jpg

Somewhere under there there is a starter motor

59f2001a0465d_2017-10-25LRNinetyStartmotorvervangen04-Deeersteboutkomtlos.thumb.jpg.bcfb9ee449f39423d3ad40b30ee599e8.jpg

Eventually, it came out

59f20069e68ef_2017-10-25LRNinetyStartmotorvervangen10-Nieuwestartmotorhangtvoorlopig.thumb.jpg.e9e862c7c94817a2272117d684234969.jpg

All in all, the job wasn't too bad. But one has to remove a lot of hoses, tubes etc..

However, I have to say that it really made clear I need to plan for some serious work in the engine bay to stop oil leaks, tidy the lot and.... convert it to LHD. The Mrs. decided the Ninety is to stay. A bit shocked, I asked "are you sure" and she said she is. Once a few things have been seen  to...

Oh dear...

Edited by Arjan

Yes, it is blood

Yes, it is a Ninety with a 200 Tdi

Yes, converting this to LHD will be fun

No, it is the real 200 Tdi engine for a Defender...

Edited by Arjan

As I said, knowing where the vehicle has been, the people that worked on it in the early days, I'm not really surprised.. But it all works well, it is a good working vehicle so I'm not too worried about it.

Thanks.

• Like 1