My 24 year old 200tdi rebuild

Yes happy it's done, managed to get the floor/tunnel panels back in before it got dark, so cab is complete again, hoping postie delivers 2 or 3 parcels tomorrow.

just remembered I've got a engine running hour meter in the garage, think I'll fit it in engine bay & find a signal for it off the oil pressure wire of the old dim dip unit plug. bought this gauge years ago was intending to use it to record winch use hours but never got to fit it. 

Dug my hour meter off the garage shelf, the receipt shows I bought it in August '95, going to have a go at fitting it after work tomorrow, instructions show it can be connected to starter solenoid wire or the alternator main output or warning light terminal, or I could use the redundant wire from oil pressure switch in the dim dip plug Think I'll use the ex-dim dip plug as i'll only run when engine is running.

• Like 1

Glad you've had a good read, :i-m_so_happy:

I was hoping my new coolant hoses had been delivered today, but no luck :rolleyes: hopefully they will be here tomorrow, my new stainless steel hoses clips arrived yesterday, :D so just need the hoses & I can have a fully antifreeze filled system ready for the coming winter.

still above freezing here, was around 7 degree this morning, hopefully the hoses will turn up tomorrow, they were posted 1st class but after 4pm yesterday, so I'm expecting delivery very soon, then the hoses & fresh antifreeze will be installed. 

• Like 1

She'll be grand :)  since I replaced the head, I've hardly seen any smoke so I can imagine fixing up the whole engine, she'll be cleaner than when she left the factory!:D If anything it will be on a number plate light or something bizzar, that what caught me out last time.

Great news about the MOT pass.🖒

I'll be interested to see what's on the end of the magnetic drain plug when you dump the engine oil following the running in period. I wish I'd fitted one following my rebuild. I might get one anyway now you put the thought in my head!

• Like 1

Postie just delivered my new coolant & intercooler hose kit, so now I can get them fitted & get back to normal 110 daily driving. 

the green box is my engine hour counter which is getting fitted under the bonnet, the red box is a new set of rear disc brake pads to be fitted soon.

the big S shaped hose by the hour meter green box is for the air cleaner to turbo air intake, 

hoses came from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mkperformancehose/Landrover-/_i.html?_fsub=8163461013  I ready have their heater hoses & crankcase breather hoses, so now a full set.

http://mk-performance-hose.business.site/  http://www.mkperformancehose.co.uk/ 

WP_20171111_10_43_39_Pro.jpg

Above items all fitted, new fresh antifreeze mix installed, no leaks after a 25mile run, got everything up to normal working types, driving my 110 again feels like sitting on the top of a block of flats, but good to be back in it. 

Sunday will see the temp fit of the hour meter, waiting for a single gauge pod to come next week, then the meter will sit in that under the bonnet]  also waiting on a new coolant temp gauge to replace the simple face Td5 unit 

Image for Vdo Vision Temp 120Oc 12V 52mm (Screw On Ring)

also have these 2 VDO Vision gauges coming from USA

oil pressure gauge in PSI [to replace my original LR gauge which doesn't quite match the others now, 

304514.jpg.991cc601d8f04898bcf5d50c094f1cda.jpg

& a turbo boost gauge in PSI [to replace a white faced boost gauge bought via ebay ages ago,on top of dash by my door pillar]

304520.jpg.5d502bfbfe62f8a10e8ff328e646ec07.jpg

both of these VDO gauges are coming from here [they have a great website/shop  name] 

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?name=vdo-marine-vision-black-oil-pressure-gauge-and-sender-kit&path=-1|311|2349076|2349082&id=1674351

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?name=vdo-marine-vision-black-mechanical-boost-gauge-and-sender-kit&path=-1|311|2349076|2349093&id=1674448

Just about all wrapped now, not long finished wiring in the engine hour meter, going to mount it a bit better when the single pod arrives, topped up the cooling system as well it needed less than a pint to reset the correct level in header tank & my heater chucks out lots of lovely hot air & engine oil pressure is up around 55/60 psi so a happy boy here 

• Like 1

@MoMurphy -- Only if you bring lots of cash & cakes/biscuits :D

not long in from work, so about 30 miles covered today, all seems to be running really well, oil pressure at idle when warm is around 35 to 40 psi & rises to 55 to 65 when driving, going to check oil & coolant levels in morning, & have a look at the hour meter to see what its reading now.