Dim Dip relay?

Having trouble with my lights, the front main and side lights intermittently go off then after a period of time come back on. Ive checked the switch and it look ok currently continuity testing the circuit but its hard when the fault is intermittent. Im wondering if its a failure of the dim dip relay. 

Dim dip unit is a Pink case relay, pull it out, join the 2 blue/red trace wires in the relay base with a jumper lead, https://www.landyzone.co.uk/land-rover/bypassing-a-dim-dip-unit.184641/

or buy the replacement dummy relay from LR which does exactly the same job as the jumper wire http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/138745/3860/control_unit

The main light switch on the side of steering column is known to fail in this way. I have had 2 fail where the studs that the switch wiper acts on have lost contact with the plate they are in - fixed by soldering them over on the side away from the switch wiper. They look OK but need soldering to get a reliable connection. Do it sooner rather than later or it will arc and the heat will destroy the switch. It sounds to me that you have this issue - it is likely to unexpectedly deprive you of all lights. (and it will be dark and raining in the middle of nowhere with no mobile signal...)

yep iv had two of these switches fail before, so it was the first thing i checked, its not that. even when i remove that switch and jump the socket the problem still exists so its not that. I removed the red relay and with that out you can still put the side lights on so drove for a bit with them on and suddenly they go out, so cant be that either i'm not thinking the black relay (R123). if its not that then look at the header joints and then the wires?