Bulkhead repairer

L19MUD

Assuming I have not gone mad, I am sure I have seen a thread about someone who repairs bulkheads to a very high standard. I am sure this bloke was in Ireland somewhere.

I am well behind with my Series 2a project due to spending so much time abroad with work this year so I think I would like him to do it. His skills also far exceed mine from the pictures I remember

Anyone got his contact details/and or the thread?

Thanks

Sam

This bloke did all the Series 2 specific things such as the lip for the door seal and got it as close to original as possible. I am not sure Devon would do that?

Would you mind letting me know how much Devon charged you?

I know of someone that used to do them near Harwich - I'll try and find his no. , or I could have a look at it for you Sam , you've seen some of my work with my 109 . There is also Daslandroverman on here who is working on developing some very neat repair sections

cheers

Steve b   

2 hours ago, steve b said:

I know of someone that used to do them near Harwich - I'll try and find his no. , or I could have a look at it for you Sam , you've seen some of my work with my 109 . There is also Daslandroverman on here who is working on developing some very neat repair sections

cheers

Steve b   

Thanks Steve. I will post some pictures so you get an idea. I'm away with work again now which is really killing my workshop time. I want it to be right as I'm spending a lot on the truck overall and I don't think my welding skills are up to it

43 minutes ago, lo-fi said:

I've not had a whole bulkhead repaired, but I've had some repair panels from the welding wood:

https://m.facebook.com/TheWeldingWood/?locale2=en_GB

They're nothing short of exquisite quality. We had a good chat at the Leafers at t'pit event earlier this year too. Top guy, hell of a craftsman. 

Thanks. I will investigate

1 hour ago, Scotts90 said:

For some reason the username moleman sprang to mind...an eBay user search was fruitless tho....

http://www.pegasusparts.co.uk/ourshop_90073/cat_377241-02-Bulkheads-4cylinder-models.html

have a look in there...not cheap but brand new!

I can't find him either. I think he is also on the mig  welding forum? The work looked outstanding. 

I really want to save what I have as it is 75% good, but thanks for the link

I have emailed him and he hast quoted £650 for a fully restored bulkhead including galvanising and £80 to do the same on the front headlight panel.

Providing I can sort the logistics of getting it there and back that seems a good price for the quality of the work I have seen in the pictures

Theres someone in Doncaster who makes new bulkheads. I can't remember their name but google brings up this company;

http://www.landroverbulkhead.co.uk/

I think LRS Offroad have used some in the past but I can't remember if that's the right company, that said how many can there be in one town? They don't do a full range at the moment so I don't know if they will have the right one for your vehicle. 

On 02/11/2017 at 10:28 AM, L19MUD said:

I have emailed him and he hast quoted £650 for a fully restored bulkhead including galvanising and £80 to do the same on the front headlight panel.

Providing I can sort the logistics of getting it there and back that seems a good price for the quality of the work I have seen in the pictures

If you can whack it on a trailer I'm happy to help with a relay. I'll be heading back to my parents near Pembrokeshire later in the year.

An alternative is Luca I think his name was who works for Chris @ CLH Trailers. He has some seriously impressive welding skills. Possibly worth sending some pictures through to Chris and Andrew at CLH for a quote. They've got all the kit required for fabricating the panels and send all their trailers off for galving so they can easily do that. I had a complete rear cross member built up (Nige style, 5mm thick C section with additional 6mm spreader plates). Was something silly like £22 in materials and a few hundred for labour which considering it was bespoke, never done before and they removed the old one wasn't too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just to follow up on this I went with Mosside Land Rovers and my bulkhead and front panel is now back He even arranged collection of it from me and sent it back. Total cost £940 to do both including collection and delivery :Dbulkhead.thumb.jpg.bcf06f6ba3f2e10449c0d16479c896d4.jpg