200tdi battery recommendations

snailracer

Morning everyone. Its been a long time since I posted as house renovation has totally outstripped any landy tinkering, but I cant ignore the battery any longer.

Google tells me i should be putting a 069 battery in.

Its in a 109 so the battery is under the passenger seat and I have a split charge and second battery in there as well.

What do I fit and wheres the cheapest place to get it?

Cheers

Bit of a cop-out answer but the biggest one that'll go in the allotted space!

Numax get a good review for reasonable money, then you have the Odyssey and Optima at the other end of the cost spectrum. 

Eurocarparts is good to try as they have some crazy discount codes most weekends or some 2hr evening specials. The bigger CCA numbers will give the starter a good shove, my Optimas are 880 and the Numax previous to that was 1000CCA on a 200tdi. 

I've had a few Numax batteries and on the whole they have been very good, especially for the money. If you do go down that route then Tanya Batteries offer a brand called Enduroline, made in the same factory as Numax with the additional smaller terminals but a longer warranty than the Numax equivalent they also sell.

I’ve got Enduroline on mine from Tanya service was good and battery’s have been fine , been on 6 months . Just a thought could you not apply for an Halfords trade card ? I’m a fabricator/welder and I got one you don’t have to be a mechanic to get one , think you can do it online . 

Tayna offer good prices usually.

Eurocarparts must only be approached with a discount code, otherwise their prices are high! 😱You have to purchase online though. I’ve not been able to walk in and use a code over the counter. 

I bought my series 11 years ago and the battery gave up the next day, bought a Numax battery locally and it's still in there and is still as strong as the day i bought it.  Based on that i now have Numax batteries in both my Discovery and my daily BMW too with no complaints.  The 2 more recent ones came from Tayna batteries and i can't fault the service.