Sailbury diff ring and pinion swap 110/SIII ?????

Hi all,

Can i pick you collective brains please?

I have a badly worn sailsbury dif in a ex mod v8 110 and a spare SIII (I think as it has leaf spring clamps and is not as wide) Salisbury axel with a barely worn diff, I Know the whole axel is not interchangable, and I know the diff carrier looks about the same size, I know ring gears and pinions are matched pairs, and I know I would have to do a set up from scratch with new shims and crush tube etc. However what I don't know is, are the ring gear and pinions interchangable between a 110 and a series 3 sailsbury axel, if not does anyone know the ratios of either or.

Any advice/wisdom would be greatfully received.

many thanks in advance.

On 14/11/2017 at 11:32 PM, Flash17 said:

Many thanks for the words of wisdom, looks like a perfect excuse to go looking for a disc braked sailsbury then!

I've got one lying at my parents if you're interested. Can also scrounge up some hub assemblies and new discs.

[edit]Also have a prop from mine in good nick - all came off a 300Tdi 110 with R380 and LT230[/edit]