webasto / eberspacher

HoSS

Remember Guys most BT ford transits had them fitted as standard....not many plumbers now use them so a cheap source of units

I have a D2 in the back of my 90 it came out of a ford PO van, it only heats the cabin but defrosts all the windows etc.

It cost £350 inc all that was needed to fit inc timer and stat took about an 1Hr to fit works really well.

Peter

Yep the neighbour has got one in his ex BT van. His also has the tank to heat water for the little fold up sink its got in it as well. You see the tanks come up on eblag quite often, just like a mini hot water cylinder. Must be the deluxe fit.. :)

Battery voltage seems fine (new battery and alternator), it even cuts out with a charger connected. Mine hasn't a seperate fuel pump as it has its own built in tank, this is supposed to fill from the return line with the engine running and should then hold enough fuel for 30 mins running. I installed it myself (ex Trembath) and the installation was checked by Vehvac.

It worked perfectly from new, until just before the warranty ran out. It was repaired by Webasto (reluctantly) and worked for about 6 months before the fault returned. The warranty repair was a new burner assy and the main circuit board.

It may be that the voltage sensing is over sensitive. Webasto told me it shuts off at 11.5 volts, if it shuts off at 12.6 normally most batterys would struggle on a frosty morning. Perhaps I need another circuit board, but as they are about the price of a laptop perhaps a visit to the breakers is due.

I have been offered an eberspacier (sp?) from an old Telecom Transit (They are fitted as they have a handwash on the back door) as long as I repair/replace any hoses that may be required

Are these any good for the purpose of pre-warming the 300tdi engine?

As I am now running a diesel I'd like to give it a try

I have been offered an eberspacier (sp?) from an old Telecom Transit (They are fitted as they have a handwash on the back door) as long as I repair/replace any hoses that may be required

Are these any good for the purpose of pre-warming the 300tdi engine?

As I am now running a diesel I'd like to give it a try

Providing all the bits are there, ideal for the job.