If you value this forum's future please support us
FergusMcK

Is this a TD engine or a 200 TDi?

Hi folks, 

Thinking of buying an E reg defender 90. I know the original engine is a TD but it has had the engine replaced with no specifics given as of yet. 

Ive hopefully attached a photo of the engine. Hope someone can help me out as google is giving me no definitive answer! Thanks in advance! 

20171113_191506.jpg

That is a 11L Defender 200tdi engine, exact same as mine.:i-m_so_happy:it's a strong long lasting unit, just rebuilt mine which is just over 24 years old & had done 379.500+ miles. 

• Thanks 2

If you can take a look at the engine number, as Land Rover for a certain time frame sold a 200tdi re-power kit, the engine code will often have a S prefix at the end of it, Ralphs is one of those kits and I have one too. irrespective of the prefix, As Ralph says that's a 200tdi, good robust engine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

engine number is stamped in below the first injector & glow plug on the blocks horizontal face, might need a small wire brush or scotchbrite to remove any muck & a damp rag to make the number stand out more. 

@western, definitely got a horticultural feel to your recent posts, what with gardens, and now ant muck :)

16 hours ago, western said:

That is a 11L Defender 200tdi engine...

Wow 11L do they have to make them that big to get the same power as a 3.5L v8?:ph34r:

58 minutes ago, HoSS said:

Wow 11L do they have to make them that big to get the same power as a 3.5L v8?:ph34r:

With a turbo they can just manage it, aye :)