Black smoking now after ticking noise issue.

skirky dave

• Excellent news Dave and no lost bits either so a win-win :) ......at least it wasn't a protective rag that was stuffed in the intake at the start of the job that got missed on re-assembly ;) , some red faces when I found it and a lot of relieved laughter :lol:.
  •  
  • Happy trails
  •  
  • Steve b  
  • Like 1

Cheers guys, appreciate that.

Steve b.. nice to know i'm not the only one that can single handedly make a royal mess of things.

It's a learning curve, that for me,..just keeps........ bending !!!!.  But to be honest Steve, i was convinced it was an injection problem.

Just goes to show.

Bowie69, yes ...it feels great, but i'm still kind of kicking myself up the backside. It's almost as though the landy has just taught me a lesson in school boy mechanics. That's if it was my fault, which i'm starting to believe it was because i've not been able to find out if this has happened before. 

It did get me thinking though,..why they didn't use a second locking nut as on the hand brake adjuster.

Gazzar...That looks a little above my station. Hope you got that one sorted mate.

Monkie,

Yeh, thank god. I've already spent a few bob on the motor not to mention the hours of work. Having to work on the driveway all the time can be a little annoying as i don't have a garage. Gazar's  garage above, looks huge. You can always guarantee  that every time i have a problem....it rains !!!. This time , however, only cost me time.