Ctek comfort battery charge indicator

mad_pete

I fitted one to my L322 a few months ago because I’d had a battery draining issue on a previous one.

It’s a brilliant piece of kit but checking it becomes addictive.. 😃

i’ll explain - I’d assumed that a healthy battery would sit at 100% charge. After the first couple of days, mine seemed to keep returning to 87%..  even if I trickle charged it to 100%, after some use and another couple of days, it would return to 87%

In addition to a percentage, the monitor also provides a graph that you can zoom into for investigating.

I drove 150 miles on the 1st Nov, then didn’t move the car on 2nd but drove it again on the 3rd. The graph attached shows a slow drain and a couple of blips which were me unlocking the car to fetch stuff etc. I’ve also seen other drops in battery condition occurring at night which may be temp related.

ive not really had a chance to try and correlate drain with events but I will. I want to try it “locked”, “super-locked”, beside the house (close to a Wi-fi repeater) and remote. Needless to say, now, if the Range Rover is going to be parked up for more than a few days I stick the CTEK charger on it to maintain the battery and I’ve bought another couple of monitors for my 90 😃

Hope this helps.

CE711136-E293-47DF-9590-A86863A46EEF.png

E9E34012-BADC-49C3-9C34-C353D10DF91D.png

I have one of the panel mount ones like above fitted into the dash and very happy with it. The flashing light was a bit annoying at night time. For the 110 I fitted the rubberised plug version, it pops out of the seatbox beside the passenger seat runner. Much cheaper and no need to dismantle the dash to run cables.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-CTE-56382-Comfort-Indicator-Adaptors/dp/B002MT8S7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511175193&sr=8-1&keywords=c+-tek+comfort

• 4 weeks later...

Bought the LED one from maplin. Looking at places to mount it. Trying to think if I can be clever with it somehow like this normal_Ctek_in_intake.jpg so I can have a trailing lead from the ceiling for the charger and plug in from the outside. But I probably can’t do it will either go on the front of the seat box or if it flashes all the time facing away from driver on cubby box. Test for today told me charge the battery so I did. :-)

• 1 month later...

Okay bought it from Maplin and put it on the seat box.  Goes on simply enough, you get a fuse inline with it. Initially the charger was clicking a lot like it couldn't get the battery connection correctly. Cleaned up all the ring connections on the battery terminals and it was a lot happier. Much easier to put straight on charge when in the garage.  Get more wire than you need, I left it on as you can see in the picture.   Not sure if the flashing will annoy me at night but bit of tape would fix that. 

So I think it's a nice feature especially as I can't easily get to the battery.  Would recommend 4 out of 5. 

IMG_3753.JPG.acb6eb7500f8c165a432cdb9cb595b60.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG.6c2333e893e70b19b6c81d7858488130.JPG

IMG_3752.JPG.ab5f0b95a9a3d3a3df4ba05fd612c3de.JPG