300tdi auto (Disco) into 110

Slicer

Hello all, I'm back! Got a 96 Disco with auto box to go into 86 110 CSW. Any help and advice appreciated.

To put the box and engine into 'correct' position, is it the case to use a 300tdi crossmember for the box and move forward accordingly? 

Any pitfalls with this?

I think the difference is around 6" in length compared to a TD, so it does move weight up front quite a bit, however there's no great fitting issues with this, I think the timing case is a little close to the steering box but not too close :)

For a 90, if you moved things back, you would end up with a very short rear prop, on a 110 you may want to do this so you can move some weight backwards. With some investigation you can probably find a prop that fits front and back.

i fitted a 300tdi  auto box  into  my  90 it was a very easy  conversion. i mounted the transfer box using  the mounts that  located the previous lt230 (  was originally  fitted with 19j  turbo engine ) . the  just  welded new engine  mounts on to  the  chassis.  this  way  your  sure  that  standard  prop shafts  fit   and  you can still retain  the  middle  seat  which  i needed  at  the time.   i  shortened the  oil  cooler  lines  for  the  auto  box  using  swagelock  fitting. I  used  the  disco  radiator  ,  hoses and inter cooler  using  all  the  disco  pipe  work.

2 hours ago, inchman said:

i fitted a 300tdi  auto box  into  my  90 it was a very easy  conversion. i mounted the transfer box using  the mounts that  located the previous lt230 (  was originally  fitted with 19j  turbo engine ) . the  just  welded new engine  mounts on to  the  chassis.  this  way  your  sure  that  standard  prop shafts  fit   and  you can still retain  the  middle  seat  which  i needed  at  the time.   i  shortened the  oil  cooler  lines  for  the  auto  box  using  swagelock  fitting. I  used  the  disco  radiator  ,  hoses and inter cooler  using  all  the  disco  pipe  work.

I guess this means you need to use an electric fan for cooling?

• 2 weeks later...