Local mitsubishi moron!

Mutley

Well as title states, I met the local mitsubishi moron tonight!......... I went out earlier this afternoon with my x2 dogs to do a bit of duck/geese shooting on some permission I have, anyway it's about 17:10 and dark so I decide home I the best place to be. So dogs, gun and duck in the Defender (90 30Tdi) and off home I sets.

As I am coming through the last gate onto the main track out of the fields, I notice a Mitsubishi on the track,  no lights on facing the same way I am going, but there is another motor (head lights on) pulled up to it!?!

Now this is a single dead end track down near the river, so wasn't sure what was going off, but knew it was unusual, as I pulled round the Mitsubishi I could see the bonnet was up and a guy in his late thirty's leaning in. I wound the window down and inquired "Is it knackered?". with the expectation of "Not sure mate?.........Just stopped......Got no idea!" then me offering some help if I could?

But NO!....The response I got was "NO MATE IT'S A MITSUBISHI NOT A LAND ROVER!"..............Well with that me and my dogs left in our knackered none  Mitsubishi Land Rover!

Now I fully know there were a thousand and one responses I could have given, some humorous, some not so! but to be honest answering the muppet that's holding a spanner whilst under the bonnet of a none starter and proclaiming my running defender is the knackered of the two, obviously has no grasp of irony and would be highly doubtful if he would have the intelligence to grasp anything other than his todger!?!

Might be a while before I decide to play the Samaritan again ;)

• Haha 3

I think I might have started along the lines of, are you ok, do you need anything?

If it were someone I knew well enough and I knew it would be taken in jest I would have asked if the 'Jap carp' was broke again but that wouldn't have been my opening gambit with someone I didn't know ;-)

12 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

If he's got the bonnet up in the dark in the middle of nowhere he's likely not having the best of days... and he bought a Mitsubishi.

TBH it was probably 50/50 he would've offered to sell yer a dag.

Very true, probably off for a jolly saunter across the fields with his dags before settling down to an evening bunching up lucky heather and carving pegs.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Happyoldgit said:

Very true, probably off for a jolly saunter across the fields with his dags before settling down to an evening bunching up lucky heather and carving pegs.

lol, that takes me back, I can remember them coming around and doing that. I remember coming home from school once to a bunch of travelling lads cutting the conifers down whilst their mum was in the kitchen reading my mums palm. Apparently my mum didn't want any of it doing but daren't say no as my dad worked away all week :rolleyes: 

On 12/5/2017 at 6:38 PM, Soylent Green said:

Mmmmm sad but true with some people Mutley! Mitsa****y drivers are a bitter lot! Ll<_<

Not all of them, love mine, spiritual successor to my Discovery 2 in being a damn good car and not stupidly complicated :)

On 12/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, Soylent Green said:

You must be an exception to the L200 rule? I owned one once! I did like it lots but I got older and wiser and saw the light and now I own a defender tdci! Happy days!

Shogun not an L200, but yes I like it. Strong engine, great gearbox, decent to drive. Land Rover should have put the 3.2L four in the Defender, it would be brilliant.