Strange grab an go

Ok so when driving to work yesterday morning at 0330hrs the old girl suddenly jolted like something grabbed on hard then struggled to move freely whilst reekin o clutch then I took it easy for the last couple o mile and it seemed ok. Iv never had a chance to get back to it as I’m now away all week. Anyone got any recommendations where to start lookin? Cheers

p.s it’s a 300tdi attached to LT77 on 1.2 transfer

Cheers, will give it a check when I get home. I actually don’t think it was correctly adjusted when I had the gearbox sorted. Came back and was very very tight and handle only lifted a few clicks. I installed a new cable before the gearbox was done and had it set so it still came almost all the way so that could be the issue. If it is the lad at the garage gona be gettin an ear bashing. Box came back still leaking oil and clutch slipping worse as when it went in and now this 😡

I'd vote for handbrake too.

Worth checking the engine earths: I've seen a handbrake-cable that's served as an "emergency earth" and carried the full starter-motor current. Let's just say it was *extremely* sticky, to the point where the pull-off springs inside the H/B drum sometimes struggled to pull the shoes back properly.

Mmm my only thought with a wheel bearing would be, why the smell of brake/clutch. Will check everything over at the weekend and hopefully solve it then when it goes back in to get it’s gearbox/transfer/engine or whatever oil leak properly sorted I’ll remind them not to adjust my handbrake this time

10 hours ago, mcc1979ian said:

Mmm my only thought with a wheel bearing would be, why the smell of brake/clutch. Will check everything over at the weekend and hopefully solve it then when it goes back in to get it’s gearbox/transfer/engine or whatever oil leak properly sorted I’ll remind them not to adjust my handbrake this time

Or the liquorice mark you leave on the road.....obviously I don' know this from experience :ph34r:

Mike