Finally some snow! Whoop Whoop :)

Maverik

We had some. Ugh hate it. I was slanging off the amarok eco friendly tyres as it slid into a car ark until I watched a quashqui trying to get out and just falling sideways instead of going up. Atleast it got out without wheel spinning :)

Must say the rodeo in 2wd with at tyres, an lsd, a manual box and no cleaver technology was better in the snow than the tech filled full time 4wd auto with traction control and all sorts of gubbins. Really don't like an automatic as a daily drive :(

15 minutes ago, Cynic-al said:

We had some. Ugh hate it. I was slanging off the amarok eco friendly tyres as it slid into a car ark until I watched a quashqui trying to get out and just falling sideways instead of going up. Atleast it got out without wheel spinning :)

Must say the rodeo in 2wd with at tyres, an lsd, a manual box and no cleaver technology was better in the snow than the tech filled full time 4wd auto with traction control and all sorts of gubbins. Really don't like an automatic as a daily drive :(

Doesnt matter what it is if you are on summer tyres.

Haha you will change your mind when you slide into something. 

Took my V8 auto disco out and that was nice if a little hairy at a few moments, as steering wasn’t that precise

then took the V8 series out on insa Sahara’s and it was great. Then left it in 2wd for some bits to get nice power slides going 

Around four inches here!  In places where the snow has drifted there is around eight inches! Trains are descending the Lickey Incline v e r y  slowly!! However the. Trains are very few and far between as most are cancelled!

i ventured out in my 110, but first I had to swap the cars around! This meant digging out the .Fiesta which took a while! The roads and the lanes around Finstall were almost empty of cars apart from a few Defenders, Range Rovers and Discoverys. I wonder why I didn't see any BMWs?!!  

Conditions were not that bad on the whole - the powdery stuff was easy to drive, but where it had melted and frozen again it was very slippery.

12 minutes ago, Cynic-al said:

I'm told I should've put the car in offroad mode as this, amongst other things, reconfigures the ABS to allow some slide to build up snow infront of the tyres. So I have a button to take the car back to the technology we had 20 years ago to make it work :rolleyes:

When I had the Subaru, there was a common trick switch mod you could do to trick the traction control or something to help snowy driving handling, made me chuckle.

I love the Audi R8 advert for "Snow Mode", travelling at 100+mph in an area with no traffic, now some knob will try it on the motorway in his R8 with disasterous results!

Like 4x4, traction aids are great at getting you into worse trouble.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We'll I've yet to see any snow this year.

However when we last had proper snow I was driving my RRC with BFG A/Ts. I was very impressed how sure footed it was in both deep fresh, as well as packed snow; waaay better grip and traction than the mud tyred 90.