Disco 2 V8i PICKUP

MattMatt

I did look at some strengthening for the rear of the cab but came to the same conclusion as dav88sw.  I also new I would have some kind of bar behind the cab to protect it a little - although this isn't finished.  Clinton's stuff isn't cheap thing GRP - there is some good thickness to it unlike some of the kit cars I've built over the years.   My LPG tank is in a box behind the cab which left me with a good usable space behind the seat to dump stuff etc.  In future I would bring that box forward to give more pickup space.  My wheel boxes are too long as well which also reduces some space.

I do like the cab only version especially with the alternative lower roof option.  On mine I took some time to line the inner cab with marine ply backed with foam to insulate and cut down some noise.  Allowed me to hide the wiring loom and put some decent speakers in  

On 11/12/2017 at 7:22 PM, dave88sw said:

Looks like a really good job on that build, how did you find painting it with the bed liner? We had a body shop spray ours but they did moan about painting the fibreglass.

Cheers

Dave

Really easy actually - standard Schutz gun hooked up to a little compressor.  The containers they supply thread straight on but if you want the grey you have to buy the tintable version and add some base colour.  Once you've roughened up the body and masked off follow the mixing instructions and just spray it on.  I did two coats but on reflection I should have done another.  You live and learn 

• 2 months later...
On 8.12.2017 at 12:13 PM, MattMatt said:

As I had round lights at the rear, the square D2 headlights looked a bit strange.  I found a complete new front end via Boltonbits and though eye wateringly expensive I ordered it anyway.  Not too impressed with the fit either as the light pods didn't match up to the headlight fixings and the whole thing has to be messed with (cut about) before it would sit right.  I'm still not happy with it but I like the look

I was looking at Bolt-on-bits grille myself, since the grille on our D2 is kind of broken at some places, but yes, the price is silly. 9399£ ?

Was that the actual price, or is there something wrong with the price on ebay ?

I bought headlamps and trim surrounds for my 200tdiD1, and was not impressed with the fit. I've later bought a pair of  jeep headlight mountings like these . Much better fitment.