RRC Borg Warner Handbrake arm - fitted picture please

MikeD

Simple thing but I am hoping someone can help.

Several years ago my son took the arm off that links the handbrake cable to the bit that sticks out of the handbrake drum because he thought it would do for something else.

I have the arm and want to reuse the gearbox and borg warner but cannot see what the correct way to fit the arm back to the transfer box is. Sounds stupid as the arm has two clevis pins and currently a nut and bolt through the bottom. It is totally obvious where it goes as there is a blind hole on the borg warner where the bolt fits but I cannot see how it should be done up and still allow the arm to move freely

The chances are the nut and bolt in the arm aren't the originals but if anyone has the borg warner box fitted I would appreciate a picture of the arm fitted so I can see what Rover intended rather than bodging something

Thank you in advance

That makes sense. the bushes are fitted but are now just one solid lump. I think the bolt should clamp on the inner one which should then turn in the outer. I couldn't see any signs on the bolt that the arm was rotating on it so couldn't make sense of it

I will have a go at removing the inner bush and either clean it or get a new one 

Thank you for the diagram it was just what I had been looking for but couldn't find

IMG_20171204_110419353.jpg

Use the link!

Save it!

It can be a bit frustrating at times as it is a Russian site, and not every sub heading is in english.. But with repeated page openings you get there in the end! It was only a few months ago when I was looking for the transfer box, I discovered that there was a second  page in the index...i.e. click on the car you want to look at, and it throws up A to L... I didn't take any notice of the arrow at the side which leads to M to P !!