fog and reversing lights

boarder

Hi I have a 1993 ex military 90.

Trying to figure out if it should have a reverse light and fog lights.

It has a fog light switch on the column and when you put this on the fog lamp indicator on the dash lights up but there is no change in the lights at the back.

It has passed its mot's so I assume that even if it docent have these it is still legal?

There should be a rear fog light on drivers side, military didn't have reverse light on left, but the wiring is there, 90 uses a 110 chassis loom, there should be a connection for both lights at left & right rear corners, look under the rubber flap in rear wheel arch behind the wheel, it covers the existing lights wiring/connectors.

Cheers Western I will have a look tomorrow at the wiring.

I take it the light are separate units i.e. tail, brake, fog? and not multi use as tail and fog in the same light unit.

If they are individual I think I am missing the fog lamp as I only have two lamps either side.

Boarder...

You'll need to add the reversing light switch to the rear of the transmission housing to utilize the reverse light.  There is a blanking bolt in there currently.  Accessible by removing the plate on the seat box between the two front seats. The correct part number (on my '87) is PRC2911G  (Lucas).

Western is correct... of course.. all of the wiring is already there behind the corner plates in the rear cargo area.

Good luck!

its not my "working" garage, I couldn't get the truck in it!  I'm lucky in having this one as well, which is used for something entirely different,  Just ran the truck in here to charge the battery on the condition I mop the floor on the way out !!!

Cheers thanks for the replies! 

Need to have a good check because my lights look like paddy's but I am sure that the lower ones come on with the tail light setting on the rotary switch!

Good looking lady by the way Paddy! Hopefully get mine to that state eventually!!

Managed to get at them yesterday! problem was that whoever had it before had removed the lamps from the lights!! new lamps problem solved. Must have been seeing things before. Could have sworn they came on with the tail light switch.:unsure:

• Like 1