front diff pinion bearing

My reason for asking was a horrid screech, which I thought I had found [transfer box end UJ of front prop was giving up, that UJ has just been replaced but prop not refitted yet] on the way home from work yesterday the screeching stopped, so I reckon it was a unseen stone caught in one of the front disc/calipers, I also have a new diff pinion seal [behind prop flange] to fit, which I can do fairly quickly,

so now the screech has gone it wasn't the pinion bearing after all, it was quiet going to & from work today a round trip of 30 miles, so reckon its fine.

Thanks for the info. :i-m_so_happy: its not the original diff, I replaced the complete unit some time ago.

Front diff was quiet again today so reckon it was definitely a stuck stone in caliper, I replaced the pinion seal & refitted the front prop, so that should be all good now, it's well lubricated as is the front diff, I'll stick the grease gun on a bit more often.