200tdi brake vacuum pump

Hi all , one of the little jobs that I’ve decided to do over Christmas is overhaul the vacuum pump , it doesn’t look a hard job to do have got my refurb kit but has anyone out there done one on a  200tdi , are there any does and don’ts any pointers to make it easier ? Have searched for guides on line but only one I could find is for a 300tdi , so any help would be appreciated.

cheers Ian 

Oil lubrication but I would squirt a little in before first run. Should be ok in situ depending on how you plan to clean it but it's only three cap heads and it lifts out. If you do end up replacing it I hope you have better luck than me mine was worn in the slots so bought new. Two later I fitted a second hand one as the new ones didn't draw a vacuum.

Mike

Cheers Mike will remove it then I can give the inside a good clean if needed . Don’t  think mines knackered , just think it might need a bit of tlc it’s 20 odd years old and when I rebuilt her ( would of refurbed the pump then if I’d known you could get a refurb kit) I fitted a red booster clutch servo for when the wife drives it and I think it might be struggling sometimes to keep up with the demand from that and the brakes, so thought I’d refu4b it and see if there’s any difference .

• 2 years later...

@Mo Murphy

Hi Mo , holy thread revival :hysterical: , yes I think it did and dare I say it , it was a Britpart kit when it came and it's been fine . It's very easy to do just an "O" ring and 4 plastic vanes , hardest part was getting the pump fitted back to the engine but make sure you get a new gasket for between the pump and block . Just incase you haven't got a parts book ,

O ring AEU2719

rotor blades x 4 AEU2718

gasket ETC4616

cheers Ian

• Thanks 1