Freelander 2 engine problems Malta

cackshifter

Hi, I am normally a Defender person so haven't posted on here before, but a friend has asked if I can see if anyone can help with a problem a relation of his is having in Malta. She has been told the engine in her 2007 Freelander 2 has serious problems and the best thing for her to do is get a new engine( we have no other details).  The issue is getting one in Malta - parts are very expensive - so was wondering about buying one in the UK, and getting it shipped.  Before going to those lengths, does anyone have any recommendations for a mechanic/garage/breaker in Malta that may be able to help, and failing that, any decent places to get another engine here. Is this engine common to anything else, eg Mondeo, Transit, X-type? I should already have said the engine is the 2.2 diesel, and it is 6 speed manual. Any suggestions appreciated. 

Nigel

• 1 month later...