Sign in to follow this  
Paddy_SP

Electrical Component Under R/H Front Wing?

As per the thread title, I'd be most grateful if someone would be kind enough to let me know what the electrical component under the r/h front wing is. Mine (a '93 110) is so corroded that I can't work out what it is, and there appears to be no reference to it on the official parts list. It looks a bit like a ballast resistor, but since I pulled the vehicle apart some ten years ago, I don't have much to go on!

The only thing that spings to mind if it is what i am thinkig of, is it has something to do with the side lights.

I have no idea of what its called or part number either! But i know a man who does!......Westeeeern

Ah, thank you, Gentlemen - that is an excellent suggestion! I looked at the dim dip resistor on the parts list, but as it didn't look anything like it, I assumed it must be something else. Luckily I won't need such a thing with my new LED lights.

Edited by Paddy_SP

Yep, dim dip resistor looks like the upper item, lower pink relay is the dim dip relay

File0172.jpg

• Like 1

Yes - that's the blighter - at last I can be sure what it is; many thanks for taking the time to post the photo!

• Like 1

I've had that picture for ages, it's appeared on here before, glad it confirmed your thoughts, also pull the relay & join the 2 blue/red wires with a jumper lead. then normal headlight operation will be fine.

Thanks, but as I'm constructing a loom from scratch I don't have the aforementioned blue/red wires!

dim dip won't be a problem then as your making your own loom, are you sticking with the standard colour coding ? it makes fault finding easier.

That's the thing i was thinking of....

Oh well, close but no cigar!

Sorry - only just seen this... I will be custom making the loom using my own format as it's so radically different from the stock item that there's little point in attempting to follow the originals - also - and probably more to the point, I don't have spools of all the correct colours (and as the damned thing has cleared out all my cash, I can't afford to buy them...). So long as I properly document the result, it shouldn't be an issue!

• Thanks 1

Yep, make a record as you go noting where the wire start, where it goes to & the colour,  then you should be able to fix any future problems.

• Like 1