defender centre seat

I would like to fit a centre seat to my 1993 ex military defender 90.

Trying to find out what parts would be required.

Seat base and back obviously but what other hardware is required?

Seat rails or is the seat fixed in the centre?

Any advice would be appreciated! Including good places to buy from as well.

I'm sure my old centre seat was fixed the frame was a one piece bottom and back that bolted directly to the seat box the threaded holes should already be there under the black round bungs at the front of the seat box cant remember how it bolted at the back I think it was nut and bolt not 100% sure the only other thing you need is the seat belt that's seperate  an they bolt next to the driver an passenger seat belt buckles

Well my son is the usual centre seat passenger in the 90. I fitted a 3point belt rather than the standard lap and he fits just fine (12yrs old). Sure a 16stone bodybuilder in the middle wouldn't be the best passenger but its comfier than sitting on a cubby box lol.

In all honesty though, once my son gets too big for the middle, the cubby shall return!

13 hours ago, Snagger said:

Those seats are not only useless, they're an obstruction.  Worse still if you ever make the mistake of trying to use it.  The blank space is best used by fitting a cubby box.

Not true in my experience. I’ve used it to carry a teenage daughter and while you wouldn’t want to do 400 miles that way, it’s fine for shorter journeys.

Also my missus says the centre seat is great for putting her handbag on while driving the vehicle

On 12/28/2017 at 7:12 PM, Lightning said:

Not true in my experience. I’ve used it to carry a teenage daughter and while you wouldn’t want to do 400 miles that way, it’s fine for shorter journeys.

Also my missus says the centre seat is great for putting her handbag on while driving the vehicle

Fine if (1) the passenger likes being elbowed in the face/throat/boob (according to respective heights) at every gearchange, or (2) the driver isn't bothered about whether the passenger likes it or not :lol:

Again not in my experience, although l am fairly slim and so is said daughter and missus in the other seats. I guess if you were larger and had longer legs (so the drivers seat further back) it might be more of a problem changing gear without your elbow conflicting with the centre seat passenger.

Like l said though, OK for shorter journeys. This is the missus’s 90. My 110 has the cubby box as l like to rest my arm on it.

Edited by Lightning