Sign in to follow this  
Roverdrive

Electrical gremlin with LED indicators

Had a wee problem with my LED indicators yesterday. They have been on the vehicle for about a month with no issues but yesterday when indicating right all four lights flashed, the laeft hand ones being slightly dimmer. Turning left they operated normally. Took me a while to twig that the left hand repeater on the wing had failed, causing enough current to flow through the remaining LED lamps on that side to illuminate them. 

An easy enough fix once I actually spotted the failed bulb, but I had the dashboard apart before I noticed it! Oops.

• Like 1

Thank you for the link, but at $56 I think I will go down the home made route with a visit to Maplins for some diodes!

Certainly cheaper to do it yourself, if you know how and have the tools to modify the bulb holder.  That last link is certainly not what you need to accomplish the task.

Red90

I think that will do the trick.

The two wires to the dash light are cut and connected to the diodes the tail then goes to the light and an earth wired to the other side of the light. ( I wouldn’t be using the scotchlocks!)

Why do you say it won’t work?

15 hours ago, Roverdrive said:

Red90

I think that will do the trick.

The two wires to the dash light are cut and connected to the diodes the tail then goes to the light and an earth wired to the other side of the light. ( I wouldn’t be using the scotchlocks!)

Why do you say it won’t work?

You are right.  That should work.