Difference between soft dash and hard dash seats?

reggie

As per title I’m wondering if there is any difference except for the stitching lines? I know the soft dash the stitch lines are vertical rather than horizontal but is that the only difference? Could a hard dash front leather seat from say a 92 hard dash model be retrimmed to soft dash stitching? I have the front two grey leather seats missing out of my soft dash restoration project.

Edited by reggie

I think there is a difference in the base of the seat between hard and soft dash,having owned both I find the hard dash seats way more comfy than the soft ones.A good mate still has a 200TDI hard dash which I happily sit in on long journeys,my brothers 3.9 soft dash I just can't ever get quite right in,same as the 300 soft dash my wife had years ago.(She thought the same too,unusual for her to agree...)

There is also a difference in mounting in the car, the softdash seats have two tags at the rear of the seat rails that take two bolts on the rear vertical upright of the seatbase whereas the harddash seats bolt straight down at both front and rear mount points.

Nationwide Trim in Warwick are the RRC trim experts.  They should be able to tell you what fits, refurbish old seats or maybe even source replacements.  I hope they're still trading - not seen any conversation about them in a while but never read about them stopping.

• 4 weeks later...