td5 speedo calibration

td5_2004

Guest diesel_jim

you can change the little gear on the transfer box which operates the transducer.

if you go to the t/box, look behind the handbrake drum, you'll see the cable plugged into the transducer. undo the 10mm nut and you can pull the transducer out. see what colour gear is in there (it's a plasric thing, about 1 1/2" long) and then you can get the "other" one.

AFAIK the speed signal does not go through the ECU.

As jim says the only way is to fit the appropriate colour gear to the output.

NOTE: be very careful when putting the transducer back in that the little square spigot goes into the hole.

It took me 3/4 attempts, each time with no speed drive & it wears the side of the plastic sensor part.

Guest diesel_jim
AFAIK the speed signal does not go through the ECU.

As jim says the only way is to fit the appropriate colour gear to the output.

you're right HoSS, i've got a Td5 speedo and transducer sat on my bench at work (whilst i play with the LED dash warning lights,tryng to get them to work with a 300Tdi wiring loom... :angry: ) and the speedo connects directly to the transducer.

you're right HoSS, i've got a Td5 speedo and transducer sat on my bench at work (whilst i play with the LED dash warning lights,tryng to get them to work with a 300Tdi wiring loom... :angry: ) and the speedo connects directly to the transducer.

Jim, get a 300Tdi dash harness, they do exist for "Td5 age" vehicles :)

I recently changed the speedo drive on mine to correct the speedo from the original 205R16 tyres the vehicle was fitted with to 33" tyres. Almost bang on now, over-reads by about half a percent ;)