Turbo upgrade

Wright will do the 3000rpm in 4th test on the way home and report back . Will order one of those cheap hand held tachometer of Ebay later so I can check that. Do you think t would be better for me to remove the boost ring and set the pump back to the settings it had originally ? I think it would be wise too.

It certainly will Peaklander . So at 3000rpm in 4th she is going 50 mph checked that with gps as well. Had a look at my receipt from  Ashcrofts I didn’t have the higher 5th gear fitting in the box . Also transfer box fitted is a 22D so it says on the case and as far as axles go I haven’t changed them it’s a Salisbury on the rear and a rover on front . What’s best tachometer wise laser or contact ?

Edited by ianmayco68

Optical / laser.... as the contact type requires you to hold it against the shaft, not the sort of thing you want to do on a Landie!

The optical / Laser type you just stick a reflective strip on the crank pulley and point the light at it!

Are but some of them send via air mail which is within a week, so I don't mind....It's when them send them by Economy Rickshaw Post  that they can take weeks and weeks. The bloody annoying thing is looking at the 1 week "English" sellers prices and Rickshaw post prices there is only a couple of quid in it..... so why can they offer fast delivery?

12 minutes ago, miggit said:

Are but some of them send via air mail which is within a week, so I don't mind....It's when them send them by Economy Rickshaw Post  that they can take weeks and weeks. The bloody annoying thing is looking at the 1 week "English" sellers prices and Rickshaw post prices there is only a couple of quid in it..... so why can they offer fast delivery?

Here's one. I bought one of these a year ago and its been spot on. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01I4TB2IM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi all , sorry I haven’t come back about the fip timing but haven’t had chance to do it yet with family things and working these horrible shifts . Plan is to do it tomorrow afternoon when I come back from work, so question is if the fip timing is ok is the next step to check the timing ? If so I can crack on and strip it down while I’m in there .

cheers Ian 

I’ve got a timing kit , got the pin in the fly wheel housing drain plug hole , turned till it engaged the fly wheel then the timing pin in the slot on the pump , loosened  the 3 bolts turned the big nut till the pin went in then tightened the 3 bolts back up . Read tonight you should turn the big nut clockwise , is that wright ? Perhaps it might be better to take the timing cover off and check it all. I ordered a new timing belt kit which arrived today so I can fit that .

I would second pump is retarded. If you are super sure you timed it correctly, the only other possibility would be a loose pulley. But as it was ok before, it doesn't seem that likely. I would suggest first thing recheck pump timing, it only takes a few minutes. But otherwise you need to look in timing case.