Upgrading headunit, with Harmon kardon

Pingu2308

Afternoon  all. New to the Landover scene and have had my discovery 2 for about a week and now looking to change the headunit.

Looking for advice on the harness adapter or what's needed to be done so I still have steering wheel controls etc. I've looked into it myself and havnt seen anything I have enough confidence in that looks correct to by pass the Harmon Kardon amp as believe this has to be done so it dosnt interfere with the new headunit.

Cheers 

The HK head unit doesn't have an amplifier as such that why there's one provider separately.

As a standard head unit has the output capacity for just four loudspeakers and the D2 has a few more than that, so you  may need an additional amplifier, unless the existing HK amp has gain adjustment and able match the preamplified left and right channels from your new head unit, which I doubt,  but  the new head unit will  be able to do that as they do have audio gain, frequency adjustments for the preamplifierd outputs, you will also require a preamplified output from the head unit for the bass amp in the rear door.

Basically it is just disconnect the old amp and wire in a new one to match you new head unit.. There's lots of threads in the Forums on this subject. Just Google.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Good Day, I removed the stock head unit of my Disco 2 and put in a star sound head unit and wired it myself, when I start the car I catch engine rev through the speakers, I grounder the head unit to some metal in the compartment and it faded slightly but still noticeable, anything I can do to get rid of it?