Boost test/gauge point 200TD 12L engine

Couple of more questions, Guys, not too involved this time.

On this 200TD 12L engine, there is a bung in the inside of the inlet manifold (facing the rocker cover). Any reason why it can't be used as either a test point (or a permanent boost gauge) for checking manifold pressure?

Other one is, where the line runs up from the sump to the EGR canister, (think that's what it's called), mine has been sealed off with tape, going by photos on this forum, it just goes back to the inlet side of the turbo. Waiting for an original 200TDI air cleaner canister to arrive, going to stand it on it's end for my application. Does it really matter just where it hooks into the air inlet system? If the EGR canister is working properly, should be just about clean air, free of any oil, maybe just a few fumes to recirculate.

I also asked under another topic, about the engine oil cooler lines. Had a gin around with them today, original hoses as fitted to a Discovery  won't reach the radiator without some modification. There is just enough room to get the fittings on inside the chassis rail, so as I'm not going to be using the Disco radiator at all, plan on mounting a separate cooler somewhere else on the chassis, possibly in front of the engine coolant radiator. Plenty of after market coolers around, even got a couple of auto trans ones here, may even be suitable, although possibly the engine oil pressure may be higher than an auto trans? Never been big on them myself (auto trans), prefer a manual, but that's only me.

As usual, learning a lot about these engines, have a few little quirks unique to what I am used to, but am grateful for the responses and advice you blokes on this forum have given me.

Thanks, Dave64

Discovery 200Tdi air cleaner set up http://www.albrit.de/epc.cfm?PAGE=I01005&CAR=L4&SPRACHE=EN

cyclonic breather & hoses http://www.albrit.de/epc.cfm?PAGE=G02055&CAR=L4&SPRACHE=EN

slightly different to the same items on the Defender 11L spec 200tdi. you can see photo's of mine in my 24 year old 200tdi thread in defender forum.