Causeway Road Northern Ireland

Anderzander

Not really - I came to Belfast a couple of times with work, but only got to see some office buildings ...

My series 1 restoration is coming on well, so I’m planning for us to come over in that. 😊

One thing I can’t get a handle on is how many days I need to take, I guess that depends on how many things we stop for - and there seems to be a lot to stop for on that road !

The other thing I’m wondering is where to stop so the 80 will be safe  - and wether that means camping where I can park next to it or finding some quiet B&B.

Any suggestions or recommendations will be more than welcome!

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Great drive have done it many a time, do the rope bridge crossing. Some beautiful beaches too along the way. Port rush if you like sea side villages and there’s Barry’s amusements which have rides etc for kid big and small 😂👍 

enjoy !!

When you get off the ferry the drive to the North coast is very nice Cushendun and Cushendall are small towns on the coast road swing through and have something to eat.

The Giants Causeway plus Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge  maybe  4/6 hrs a bit of walking but not a marathon. Half day in Portrush and half day also Portstewart small seaside towns. The general area is where the Northwest 200 motorcycle races take place to wards the end of May area bunged at that time. You could drive the circuit mainly roads on an other day.

Bushmills has the distillery which is supposed to be interesting, so I have been told   haven’t managed to go yet but I will some day half day for that, try the whiskey but don’t drive. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1