4.6 thor into 90

I'm going to be putting a 4.6 thor into my 90 hopefully some time soon my current setup is a 3.9 serp 14cux system on a 3.5 efi lump I have one of niges coolant temp sensors for the megasquirt that parts sorted but I need to fit the temp sensor in the manifold for the dash gauge where has other people fitted this sensor my current setup has two ports for the heater I just removed the blanking plug an popped it in there but the thor only has one port and no blanked spare port the manifold is quite thin in places around the stat area so drilling and tapping could be tricky I think my best option would be tig a boss onto the manifold unless theres another option

I also am fitting a Thor to a vehicle it was not originally fitted too.  See pic it is a thor manifold with the plenum removed - the yellow arrow is to one of Niges temp sensors for the ECU.  The red arrow is to the dash gauge sensor fitted where it is in older RV8s in the outlet pipe from the thermostat - Nige also has a mod for this but the one in the pic is from a 3.5 - the pipe is mounted to one of Nige's adaptor kits to allow the older thermostat and housing to be use on the Thor system.

Thor Temp Sensors.jpg

I'm also using that thermostat conversion kit also the stat housing I'm using is from 3.9 I suppose I could use the squirt to control the fan an pop my dash temp sensor in the stat housing but would it not give a duff reading tho in the stat housing when the stats shut would it read cooler than what it really was where as if it was in the manifold it would read a more true temp  on the large diesels I work on the temp sensors are normally located in the head furthest away from the water pump like a tdi

s-l1600.jpg