New Project, Have I gone to Far

Had to sell my old 90 due to  health reasons last year, just started to get the hang of fixing and replacing bits and bobs on it.  Learnt a lot from here.

Anyway think I'm on the mend now and time for another one.Just bought this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Defender-110-Rolling-Chassis-Barn-Find-/192420808375?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=98maI5kcq74bfRhYbK42BEPpxyg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc 

but might be a little out of my depth,  Not sure if I got a good deal or not but it seemed quite reasonable to me. It has not arrived yet so cant comment until I see it in the flesh,

Cheers

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Start yourself a thread in the Members Vehicles forum, I'm always after another project to follow :) 

Will start a thread but it will be a long one.  Skint after buying it, so I'm on what I call pay as you go,  buy bits as and when Ive got a bit spare cash,:lol:

1 minute ago, DC_ said:

I’m sure there will be a good few laddie’s on here that can help out even with parts. Good luck and good to hear you’re on the mend 💪👍

Thanks Mate, Its coming on Tuesday night so will see how it Really looks then

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, western said:

Have a read of my chassis change thread 

& Retro's 110CSW rebuild thread 

looks pretty good on the colour/stripes I'll follow the build & help if possible :i-m_so_happy:

Its not loading in when I click on the link for some reason, must be my laptop.  But I have seen it before and I know there will be a wealth of info on there for me.

Gonna see what this chassis is  like first, would love to galvanise but really cant afford it yet,  I suppose I could get on with cleaning the axles and rebuilding them first till more money comes along, but will have to wait to see exactly what Ive got when it all arrives, 

Did anyone notice photo 6 on the Ebay page,  rear crossmember is shot but there is brand new one that comes with it.

Western your welcome to come and have a look and give me some advice when ive got it.

4 minutes ago, western said:

I'd love to come & see it, just one problem I'm in deepest south west, so it would take a few hours to get there. but happy to pass on info/advice via here

For some reason I thought you were local to me, must be thinking of someone else.

Got a bit more info on my purchase today from the seller, he does not know much about landys himself but he was asked by a neighbour to sell this one as it was just sitting in a barn where there was a house clearance,on some country estate in Essex as the previous owner of it had started to repair but for some reason or other had to stop then moved away. he says just about all the parts are there but there is some I cant see on the photos although all the major ones seem to be, ill find out when it arrives.
Is there a way to contact previous owner frim name on log book.

I’ve recently contacted the two most recent owners of a vehicle (both available on V5 privided at purchase) by using searches on the internet. I used name and address and got enough detail (Facebook, 192.com etc) to eventually find their Twitter names and got replies from both within a few hours of my ”tweets”.