Warn 8274 extended drum non freespool

8 hours ago, markyb said:

Hi all anyone know who supplies just a 8274 extended drum . I am not interested in air free spool just a +3 inch drum. Googled it and not much luck

Honestly it is very easy to extend yourself. Could be done with as little as a grinder and a welder. And would save you a lot of £££

I have one available if you want to make me an offer... no idea if it's an original Warn item or it's been extended, if it's been extended they've done a good job on it ! It was already on my winch when I bought it and I replaced it with a freespool.

Picture of the drum next to a standard one...

IMG_1453.thumb.jpg.cd576ac370d401047c3e205d5e03a915.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse the ignorance, but I'm no 8274 expert - 

Is the drum extension simply to fit more line? or does it serve another purpose?

I like the idea of a freespool, but would worry about it engaging when under load. I'm sure that whoever makes them has already thought of this though.

7 hours ago, mercguy said:

Excuse the ignorance, but I'm no 8274 expert - 

Is the drum extension simply to fit more line? or does it serve another purpose?

I like the idea of a freespool, but would worry about it engaging when under load. I'm sure that whoever makes them has already thought of this though.

I wouldn't worry about the engagement, the gears are normally weaker than the drum engagement