Series 3 brakes, can't get a pedal on the first pump

L19MUD

2 hours ago, Snagger said:

If those front cylinders leak fluid out, they'll leak air in.  I think we can all guess the source of those bad new parts if they leaked immediately...

Rhymes with grit part?

Thanks Steve - Mark is going to pop round one evening next week. If we I still stumped I will give you a call. 

On 26/06/2018 at 4:49 PM, Snagger said:

If those front cylinders leak fluid out, they'll leak air in.  I think we can all guess the source of those bad new parts if they leaked immediately...

I don't know what make as they were fitted prior to my mates ownership. The have been replaced with a different brand! 

• 5 years later...
On 6/26/2018 at 3:59 PM, L19MUD said:

This is just sat still in the workshop. We are at the happily pay someone to come and sort it now! Located near Ipswich 

Hi, did you find a solution to this? I am in the same situation. After 3 pumps the brakes engage, if I adjust the master the brake hold on causing them the over heat - there seems to be no middle ground for me!

55 minutes ago, JCumming said:

Hi, did you find a solution to this? I am in the same situation. After 3 pumps the brakes engage, if I adjust the master the brake hold on causing them the over heat - there seems to be no middle ground for me!

I thought I posted the solution to this. The previous owner had incorrectly fitted springs to the bottom as well as the top meaning the shoes were getting pulled back in too far. Very easy fix in the end!

10 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

I thought I posted the solution to this. The previous owner had incorrectly fitted springs to the bottom as well as the top meaning the shoes were getting pulled back in too far. Very easy fix in the end!

Ah that’s good to hear! Thank you! Sadly don’t think this is my issue so I will have to keep trying to work it out 

4 hours ago, L19MUD said:

That doesn't sound right!  There should be springs top and bottom and it's the adjusters that stop the shoes going back too far.

13 hours ago, deep said:

That doesn't sound right!  There should be springs top and bottom and it's the adjusters that stop the shoes going back too far.

You are right....this post is correct below

On 6/26/2018 at 7:07 PM, Paul Woodward said:

The only time I've experienced this is when the shoe springs were incorrectly fitted.

As was said earlier the trailing shoe has no spring at the top.

land-rover-series-3-front-axle-11-lg.jpg