Gear selecton TD5

Simon_CSK

Could that also lead to an irritating buzz on the gearstick?

My D2 has a very noticeable buzz on the stick that only goes away with a hand on the stick, which leads to all sorts of other issues around safety. I replaced the engne mounts which were very sagged and it made a slight improvement, but it's still there.

1 hour ago, JohnnoK said:

My D2 has a very noticeable buzz on the stick that only goes away with a hand on the stick, which leads to all sorts of other issues around safety. I replaced the engne mounts which were very sagged and it made a slight improvement, but it's still there.

Could be the gear box mounts as well

21 hours ago, Pawl12 said:

That sounds like the plastic bush at the bottom of the gear lever is breaking up. 

Quite cheap to replace, but you've got to remove the centre console & drill out the rivets holding the tunnel plate. 

£6.20 plus Vat for the part so that is my project for Sunday.. For that price it is worth a try,

I replaced the plastic bush and checked the bias plate wasn't broken but still no joy. I did fix the hand brake so not a completely wasted day lol I am guessing therefore it must be something deeper in the gearbox. 
As long as the car keeps going until I can fix my other Disco and my P38 I will be happy.

On 25/01/2018 at 2:07 AM, Pawl12 said:

That sounds like the plastic bush at the bottom of the gear lever is breaking up. 

Quite cheap to replace, but you've got to remove the centre console & drill out the rivets holding the tunnel plate. 

Mmm, and then I could fit the D1 Low/High/Diff Lock lever I scrounged. 

Good plan.

On 25.1.2018 at 2:43 PM, JohnnoK said:

Check that the bolt locking the upper part of the gear stick is tightened.