Best night heater?

DC_

38 minutes ago, darthdicky said:

If I were to use it on a camper I'd try to soundproof the pump a bit more and install the exhaust silencer. It looks like the newer models have an improved/quieter pump anyway.

Our ambulance had a B1 (and now an ST2000) set into the floor, the exhaust runs across the vehicle underneath via a silencer (and has the intake silencer too) the opposite side to the window (I guess to avoid fumes coming in).

Going full chat the noise from the hot air vent is louder than anything but it's not particularly intrusive even while sleeping.

Just returned from our first camp of the year. I cannot fault this heater (Chinese) one bit! I’m definitely gong to sound proof the pump more. There are new cases on offer and also sealed boxes in foam etc. I think I’ve also proved to the mate in the wolf to get one. Every time he opened my back door (ooo errrr) he felt the heat and was very envious 😊👍

Happy New Year to all 👍

D3B10E0B-5990-4444-9155-8E55413DC909.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

Nice. It’s not even cold up there is it? No sign of proper winter yet.

By the way, is that a Tuff Trek awning? How do you find it? I am in the market for something but not sure what. 

Not too cold no, about 3 degrees when we camped and about 6 just now. 
it’s an ARB 2.5m x 2.5m awning and honestly worth it’s weight in gold. Brilliant bit of kit 😊👍

• Thanks 1

Yes there’s a lot of info on the Facebook page about this. Also how to set up a heater so you can activate it via text message! 

Personally I just click the remote from the gable end window and it’s toasty in 15 minutes.  

They can also be switched from 12v to 24v depending on which vehicle you have. 

Hi,

Just looked on EBay for that timer, and over here the same one appears to be only US$4.97 with free shipping.  Somebody's ripping off UK clients!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Digital-LCD-Relay-Switch-Weekly-Programmable-Electronic-Time-Timer-12V-24V-220V/162400001480?hash=item25cfcb5dc8:m:mVlu6uIhQwCWOkt74RowBvA 

Mike

8 hours ago, Troll Hunter said:

Just looked on EBay for that timer, and over here the same one appears to be only US$4.97 with free shipping.  Somebody's ripping off UK clients!

TBH they're the same price on eBay here, but there's more than enough "real" retailers re-selling stuff that solves a problem... sometimes it's worth the extra just to know you're getting one that works and isn't a knock-off of a knock-off of a knock-off...