Fake bulbs or dodgy indicator??

Anderzander

I bought some Lucas indicator bulbs from eBay - and there is something strange going on with them - they aren’t as bright as the existing bulbs - but more noticeably they are very slow to light up ...

I’m going to swap sides to makes sure it’s not the circuit - but I’m pretty certain it isn’t as they were fine before the old bulb failed.

Has anyone had experience of this ? I believe there are fake branded spark plugs around, with some subtle differences on the packaging.

Any thoughts anyone?

Edited by V8 Freak
Title amend requested by OP

Thanks Snagger - that’s exactly what it seemed like..... but I’ve done what I should have done straight away and swapped the front bulbs over and the problem has stayed where it is. So it’s the car.

What would cause one indicator to light up really slowly and even intermittently? 

Is it a dodgy earth ?  Any suggestions welcomed ! 

Thanks both.

The odd thing seemed to be that it worked fine, bulb went, pop new bulb in - and a there’s a fault.

Bulb did appear to have gone through water ingress - so maybe there is some corrosion in the bulb holder, which would be a nice easy fix.

1 hour ago, Snagger said:

Yep, that'd do it!  At least its a simple swap.  Use some Vaseline on the terminals (and add to the other lights) to prevent corrosion.

Oh that's just great!!!.......

The wife already thinks i have an intimate relationship with the LR!....

Sneaking out to the garage with a jar of KY Jelly really ain't gunna help my cause!?! 🤣🤣

• Like 2