Searching for a 110

Good morning everyone, I am currently looking for a 110 with the registration CWK  16Y. It used to belong to my grandad who has since passed away after selling the 110 and I have been trying to track it down for the last two years or more. I have managed to speak to the guy who bought it from him over 15 years ago and seen some of the work that had been done to it. Could anyone let me know if they may have seen the car as I would really like to see it fully restored and maybe purchase it.

FB_IMG_1455487532306.jpg

FB_IMG_1455487521962.jpg

DVLA "Is it taxed" website currently shows:

Vehicle make: LAND ROVER
Date of first registration: December 1982
Year of manufacture: 1982
Cylinder capacity (cc): 3300 cc
CO₂Emissions: Not available
Fuel type: DIESEL
Export marker: No
Vehicle status: SORN in place
Vehicle colour: RED
Vehicle type approval: Not available
Wheelplan: 2-AXLE-RIGID BODY
Revenue weight: Not available

2 hours ago, Peaklander said:

MOT documents are only on-line for vehicles submitted for test in the fairly recent past. Without looking at mine I can't recall but it can only be about six years can't it? Or is time flying?!

Shows records since 2005. Hasn't had an MOT since then. It may be rotting in a field or illegally exported

I believe that for a small fee the DVLA will contact the current owner (if possible) and pass on your request to get in touch.

They won’t of course give any details to you, so it’s then up to the current owner to make contact if they want to.

On 02/02/2018 at 5:42 PM, Tanuki said:

I'm confused that the DVLA list it as a "3300cc" Diesel. Wonder what it's had fitted?

I think it was a Nissan straight 6 diesel that had 3.3 litre capacity - it was one of the many options, and one of the most cost attractive.

4 hours ago, Maverik said:

For an 82 year vehicle reg plates with a year prefix where in use as standard, that's a pre 1963 type reg plate, unless I'm mistaken that won't have been original to the vehicle out the factory.

Wrong prefix plates came in 1983 starting A prefix, my car before my 110 was a 1982 Y suffix, that is a early 110 factory reg plate

year letter suffix & prefix in https://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/dvla-guide/year-of-issue-149.htm

3 hours ago, western said:

Wrong prefix plates came in 1983 starting A prefix, my car before my 110 was a 1982 Y suffix, that is a early 110 factory reg plate

year letter suffix & prefix in https://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/dvla-guide/year-of-issue-149.htm

Ah ok stand corrected, suffix and prefix, a small point but I missed it.

• Like 1

I have a vague notion that the CWK plates were on the factory press fleet. If it is an original Y it has had some alterations in its life, even from the photos, It would originally have had galvanised cappings and the upper body panels, roof etc would have been ivory rather than white, or body coloured. The original rear windows were the same as series and the doors would have been 2 piece with sliding windows. The rear wheel arches would have had a peculiar step down (about an inch) at the rear just before the covers for the rear lights and there would have been a tool box in the left hand rear wheel box, just behind the wheel on that side. The original filler cap was a big metal thing, similar to series. Similarly the door latches were of a different type to those shown fitted to the vehicle in the photos, front indicator repeaters were very slim things as well and the rear fog/reversing lights were the oblong variety

1 hour ago, Retroanaconda said:

In fact this article from March 2018 LRO appears to imply that CWK 16Y was indeed a launch fleet car:

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/lro-uk/20180301/284094911913091

Also worth reading this:

https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/83-110-county-rebuild.23977/

on the first link above, it shows CWK 16Y as a blue/white 110 SW not in red. & with the correct split sliding windows in the doors, actually mentions the reg number in the text. 

the 2nd link goes to a forum post way back in 2005, wonder if the guy still has the 110 or moved it on 

13 hours ago, western said:

on the first link above, it shows CWK 16Y as a blue/white 110 SW not in red. & with the correct split sliding windows in the doors, actually mentions the reg number in the text. 

the 2nd link goes to a forum post way back in 2005, wonder if the guy still has the 110 or moved it on 

I have actually been to see carpyken and spoken to him about the restoration work and what had been done different to the original body. The car has since been sold after the forum thread and he thinks it is somewhere in Liverpool but is unsure of the new owners details.

Would be great to see it back fully working and driving again, I remember going on camping trips with my grandad and using the one ten to carry all our gear and pulling the caravan.