110 Hard Top

OK OK OK I know for 2 years I keep saying its nearly done but working abroad and coming home to rebuild is very tricky. I also feel guilty for being regular on here and in last two years I just picth in like a meercat when I need help.

Anyway.....the rebuild is nearly nearly done. I WILL write a full story board and post it on here when complete. It is bleddy epic!

I've gone so so far into this that there's very little more I can do. BUT I'm looking at my old hard top and sides and beginning to think shall I try and source a newer one. She's refurbishable and re-sealable but aluminium bubbling in places especially at the bottom where the steel capping was.

I'm now of the conclusion that 110 hard tops are very hard to come by!!??. I'm off away for another week but I am wondering of anyone on here knows of a 2nd hand hard top in good nick (Sides and roof). Seemingly nothing on ebay

no, but what I have often thought about, is making a steel frame, to replace the sides, then have the choice of removeable side panels(zues clips?), and / or remiveable/ roll up canvas sides, whilst still retaining the hard roof and rack. Cross between a hard top and a perentie.

On 03/02/2018 at 9:47 AM, Yostumpy said:

no, but what I have often thought about, is making a steel frame, to replace the sides, then have the choice of removeable side panels(zues clips?), and / or remiveable/ roll up canvas sides, whilst still retaining the hard roof and rack. Cross between a hard top and a perentie.

Novel idea. I'll be rebuilding by secret camper inside so roll up sides not what I need 

18 hours ago, Pastycrimper said:

Novel idea. I'll be rebuilding by secret camper inside so roll up sides not what I need 

If you're building a (secret) camper why not take the time to make something novel like a pair of slide-outs so sleeping across the width is possible?  Or are you just wanting it to look 'normal'?

Edited by Jocklandjohn

Its off a 1996 x utility 110. Its not mint but better than most you see, has a couple of aerial holes in the roof but should paint up Ok. 

I'm open to any reasonable offer for it, as I'd be keen to get it out of the way and happy thats its getting used rather than scrapped !

3 hours ago, nidge said:

Its off a 1996 x utility 110. Its not mint but better than most you see, has a couple of aerial holes in the roof but should paint up Ok. 

I'm open to any reasonable offer for it, as I'd be keen to get it out of the way and happy thats its getting used rather than scrapped !

Where are you in Ireland? I've very slightly planned on visiting friends in between Lahinch and Doolin. If so I could potentially bring a trailor with me. I'm viewing a hard top this Saturday not so far from me but suspect it may be as ropey as mine