Morris Minor Forums?

reb78

That might be a good idea, to be honest the Minor is a very simple beast, with well-worn restoration paths, plus with the owners more likely to be silver surfers the likelihood is that they won't stick it on a forum.

When it is show season there is normally a line up of morris minors at vintage and steam rallies. I'm sure they would be more than willing to point you in the right direction. Trouble is that is a few months off!

I have tried posting things on those forums above, and maybe I was unlucky, but I either didn't get much response, or on at least one occasion someone took it upon themselves to be blatantly rude to me... and all I had been asking was if anyone knew what thread the oil filler on the axle was(!).

I figured I'd become a reader rather than a contributor to MM forums, it was quite a disappointment.

On 2/3/2018 at 8:18 AM, Anderzander said:

Is it worth trying a general forum like retro rides?

+1 for this - Retro rides has a massive variety of cars on there, from all over the world. Even if there aren't any current Minor threads on there you are bound to have many previous owners popping up with advice.

4 hours ago, soutie said:

Simple google search.

The second one seems a better source of info.

http://www.morrisminorforum.com

https://www.morrisminorowners.co.uk/

I did start with google but knew a couple of folks like Bowie have MMs on here so was after a recommendation. Unfortunately it seems there isn’t an ideal forum. 

2 hours ago, Quagmire said:

+1 for this - Retro rides has a massive variety of cars on there, from all over the world. Even if there aren't any current Minor threads on there you are bound to have many previous owners popping up with advice.

Thanks. Will give this a look. Very much in the planning stages at the moment!