Broken Down!

monkie

For the first time in 8 years of Land Rover ownership I broke down today.:angry2: The engine cut out and would only splutter when turned over. Luckily I had only managed to get 3 miles from home and a mate was able to tow me back, but I was blocking the A37 into Yeovil - sorry if I held you up!

The problem was the filter and injection pump were full of air. I had replaced the fuel filter last weekend so I was cross with myself for not paying close enough attention to the putting the new filter on. I just took the filter off and the top was distorted slightly but clearly enough to allow air to enter, perhaps I had overtightened the securing screw? (the filter was not from a blue box, it was a crosland filter)

Fortunately I always have a small stash of fuel, air and oil filters, so it is now replaced with a Delphi filter that is not distorted and I torqued the securing screw to the proper torque. Atleast it was an easy fix to get it back running again :)