Best Swivels?

Tractorman

Getting confused about the choice of swivel housings available, Paddocks list 2 - the teflon "oem" part which is apparently a britpart item?

and a different one in their "kit", which isn't teflon coated, then there are 2 different ones available from Bearmach, but at much higher prices.

are the Bearmach swivels really better? 

If as you say the Teflon items are from an OEM then the blue box of the supplier doesn't matter, Britpart are only wholesale and retail suppliers after all. If u prefer a patten part in a white box or a genuine LR part in their logo box, just ask Paddocks.

The Teflon items are lubricated with grease, the Chrome items its oil.

Edited by teabag

Normally I wouldnt go with Britpart for serious stuff, but they claim to be the current OEM supplier to LR since the original chrome hub stopped production.

I have seen pictures of breakages of both Bearmach and Britpart hubs and I know many think they are weaker than the originals.... However as this is the only choice there is no 

other option. There is a considerable price difference between the Britpart and Bearmach housing for what may actually be the identical part.  I want to use the best but not feel ripped off.

Currently leaning to Britpart swivel housing with a Bearmach seal kit...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, honitonhobbit said:

Britpart are the only supplier of LR parts to offer a two year warrantee - without the need for professional fitting

Great isn't it., also as suppliers thay will supply a cheap no name patten part or an OEM part if available, which is in all tense and purpose a genuine part, so take your pick although there is a cost difference between the two which isn't small.

• 4 weeks later...

I did the swivels on my 110 two years ago and I was told by my local spares emporium to ask for the Britpart kits but to add a G onto the end of the part number. With get trepidation, I did this and found inside the blue box genuine swivel housings (in the Land Rover box!!) Corteco seals and Timken bearings. The supplied grease was Britpart though, but binned it in favour of EP140. Two years later they still hold oil - jobs a goodun!

Toby

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, uninformed said:

OEM doesnt nessecarily mean LR

Correct,  the OEM item only becomes a Land Rover product when retailed with their name attached to it.

Edited by teabag

• 1 month later...

Just to update this - I’ve also just ordered a swivel kit with the Britpart part number with a G on the end - and as above it comes with Timken Bearings and Corteco seals - and I suspect the swivel is the same one everyone sells.

I’m quite taken aback - it’s a blue box with quality parts and it even has rather professional packaging.