s3 value.

qwakers

a friend of mine has a old knackered s3 that ive coveted for a long time. 

totally illogical but hey.

its a 2.25 petrol (uses as much oil as petrol)

knackered gearbox (i broke that) all gears selectable but detent spring is now missing along with its mounting point...

rotten chassis

rotten bulkhead

knackered springs

knackered exhaust

rough body

rotten doors

knackered interior

butchered wiring loom

about as bad as they get.

whats it worth? seriously considering asking him if i can have it and lob it on a galv chassis. just for ****s and giggles, make it solid and safe and greenlane it.... kinda because roadkill (ive been watching that show too much :-D)

Edited by qwakers

that was the plan,

buy a rotten disco, nick the engine (300tdi ideally) gearbox tx box and axles off it, convert it to coils, new chassis and bulkhead and rewire it, chuck the bucket seats in my garage on it, and just play :lol:

Edited by qwakers

Sorry to say - to us, scrap value.

However, other often think otherwise due to the magazines, Barn Finds and what have we.

By the sound of it, it is basically a logbook with scrap attached.

Have Fun !

A pile of rust with four wheels and a log book can fetch many hundreds these days! It doesn't sound that bad, but it depends on the level of rotten you're talking about :rolleyes: I'd go out on a limb and offer £500 - you'd be surprised what the sight of a nice wadge of cash does to get things moving... 

What is it worth to you, and why do you want it?

Do you want a longterm project to put galvy chassis and bulkhead on (many £££££)  and hours of work (OK if that is what you want to do and enjoy doing).

Then you will have a vehicle you know every part of, reliable if you do all that is needed, which will last for years. My SIIA is 54 years old and approaching that state, should last another 54 (Unlike me.....:))