19j injection pump adjustment/locking

Hi,

I've been given a 19J Defender to sort out for somebody.  I was told it had started playing up and eventually refused to start at all, i checked everything fuel wise, had decent fuel supply to the injection pump and the solenoid definitely opened but nothing made it to the injectors.  So i've changed the pump for a second hand unit and i'm at the point where i need to put the timing belt on.  Now, i know where all the marks are on the relevant pulleys, that's easy enough to line up but i've never actually done a 19J belt before (loads of tdi's), the pump is mounted on slots, which suggests it's adjustable on these slots to advance/retard.  Is there any way to lock the pump in the right position, like the TDI, or do i adjust the final position of the pump afterwards until it runs right?

I have searched endlessly online and despite threads being titled 19J, the advice appears to relate to TDI's, there is no hole in the front of the pump for a timing pin.

Thanks

Dave

If you get this tool set it has a springloaded pin that screws into the side of the FIP and clicks into place when the pump is set at the right point for timing the engine (it also contains a locking pin for the crank and also a puller for the crank damper).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Diesel-Engine-Timing-Garage-Tool-Set-Kit-200-TDI-300-TDI-2-5D-2-5TD/141027669413?epid=1005459073&hash=item20d5e775a5:g:uGQAAOxy3HJTI2gR

The picture below shows the screw taken out of the pump and the timing pin inserted in its place.

DSCN1279.JPG