OT - Ford engine oil pressure way too high

daveturnbull

• 1 month later...

After the car sitting on the road outside the garage I took it to, and them doing sweet FA despite multiple failed promises, I decided enough was enough, screeched into the forecourt in my Land Rover, parked on the boss man's toes and demanded the keys back, which he duly handed over and walked away without a word. 

That evening I went back to see what state it was in. As expected battery flatter than 3 week old road kill, and the oil filter O-ring hanging out again. After a big sigh, I sorted those out, chucked some more oil in and drove it the half a mile home.

This evening I made some time to get it in the garage and up on some ramps. 20 minutes later, and out pops the PRV. 

DSC_0136.thumb.JPG.0e0b212528422e3b9ffb51448b379aa8.JPG

Can you see the problem...? :wacko:

On 19/02/2018 at 8:33 PM, qwakers said:

ive seen several instance of this in a mates workshop on fords, its always a stuck pressure relief valve, gunked up by too infrequent oil changes or damaged somehow.

the sometimes also stick open, with obvious results...

ahem 

:D

Edited by qwakers