Ideas on mounting CB Aerial to Military Columns

DC_

Ok guys I’ve tracked down two aerial military columns, after I bring the paint work back to life I’m thinking of taking my CB aerial from the roof and using one of the columns. (Cooler look?) 

so have any of you did this? Good bad experience? Ideas for the best look? I’m swithering with an idea but would like your input as usual 👍😊 

Right, better get to work 🙄

Get one of the military rubber-bases to fit the column, and wire your antenna coax to it.

Then to attach the antenna: get an Imperial-thread double-female brake-coupling union. The thread on these is 3/8 UNF just like the thread on the end of CB/amateur-band antennas. [The yanks call it 3/8-24].

Get a short 3/8UNF bolt - one with maybe half an inch of thread and an inch of unthreaded shank. Cut the head off.

Screw the threaded part of the bolt into the brake-coupler. Screw your antenna into the other end of the brake-coupler. Then fit the unthreaded end of the bolt into the antenna-base and do up the wingnut.

Job done!

[it's worked just fine for me and handles 250 Watts on 14MHz just fine].

• Like 1